Garinger students decided to take matters into their own hands on Friday, February 24th by walking out of school to protest Trump’s immigration policy and the recent arrests that has been made due to immigration status. After 1st block many students gathered and began to talk towards the front of the school, while law enforcement was called and while many students went back to class, 100 students still walked out off.
Students walked from Garinger to Vance High School causing Vance to remain on lock down for the rest of the day. The walk which was 6.4 miles and took about 2 hours. As you can see in the picture above students brought the flags representing the countries they were from, in support of their protest.
Nice to see our very own Garinger Wildcats take a stand for something they believe in !
By : Schrell Broadie
Garinger Seniors the moment we have all been waiting for is finally here, Prom ! Yes you read it right, prom is finally here and to help you prepare for the special event, I am going to provide you with a couple of tips.
Ladies here are a couple of tips too keep your hair, makeup, and dress in tact for the special night !
- wearing heels? tape your third and fourth toe starting from your big toe, together using Scotch tape or any other invisible tape to help ease pain the ball of your foot.
- Carry bobby pins in your purse, it’s mandatory that you carry these and their easy to store in your purse.
- use water resistant mascara it’s Prom, the feels are going to come and it’s best to come prepared !
- Invest in Q-tips ! In order to keep the Flawless look you came with dip your Q-tip in the eye shadow you chose and store it in your purse.
- take lots of pictures before prom because you might not look as flawless afterwards
- Lastly remember to take lots of pictures and have a ton of fun !
By Schrell Broadie
Shout out to our very own Nhung Huynh for receiving an academic scholarship worth $19,000 from Wingate University ! Congrats Nhung and this is living prove people that hard work pays off, if you see Nhung wildcats don’t forget to congratulate her for her hard work !
Congrats to Nhung Huynh for her academic scholarship !
Garinger High School has it’s very own Exchange Student who’s from Rome Italy. His name is Francesco Riga and he is currently a senior. Robert Davis and I interviewed him and he told us all about his home, his culture and his friends all the way across the globe, we were quite shocked at the simliarties we shared ! Check out our interview with Garinger’s Newest wildcat down below
” It’s very fun and the people there are very friendly. It’s a lot of structures and moments there and it is always filled with tourists.”
- What do you do for fun in Italy?
” I play guitar and hang out with my friends. Sometimes we play soccer or we go and get coffee, whatever we do we always have fun doing it. ”
- How is it different here from Italy ?
” I was quite surprised in how the people here act, I thought people here were going to be friendly and welcoming but that was far from it. The people here at the beginning may seem a bit detached, but when you really know it are very nice and sociable.”
- Yeah i totally agree, Americans at beginning are not so friendly, but how is the food pizza to be exact?
” The food here isn’t so good, the pasta here is horrible. At home we eat dinner around 8ish and I was surprised because here in AMerica you guys consider that late. But at home my grandmother cooks and I love when she cooks pasta, it’s very delicious. As far the pizza back home it’s very good.”
- I love the pasta here, so i can only imagine what the pasta in Italy tastes like, but growing up in Italy what t.v. shows did you watch, did you watch Disney Channel?
“Yeah I watched Disney Channel, I loved Zack and Cody, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, you know a lot of the old shows that they used to show, I don’t watch those shows now though since im older.”
- That’s so cool that even though we lived across the globe from each other, we had an similar childhood. Before you go how is it at Garinger, have you made any friends?
“Yes, I met some very nice friendly people”
- Aww that’s good and it isn’t how us Wildcats pride on welcoming our new students.
With that being said wildcats let’s do better a job in welcoming our new students and future students.
Seniors, please use this link to submit your quote to the yearbook.