By Erica Cervantes
Mayor’s Youth Employment Program (MYEP) is a great program for juniors and seniors to look into. MYEP helps students in the 11th and 12th grade get paid summer jobs in whatever career they might be into.
In order to get into this program, there are requirements. Requirements include:
- 16-18 years old
- Valid North Carolina photo ID and a Social Security Card
- Excellent attendance/behavior
- Experience in work or extracurricular activities
- Summer-long commitment
- Career Readiness Training
- Resume and 500-word essay
- Meet all deadlines for submission of documents
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- MYEP online application
- Pass drug screening and background checks
If you’re interested and want additional details, you can find Mrs. Bell in the cafeteria to sign up for a pass to attend the Informational Seminar on October 19th, 2017 at the Media Center from 1:30PM-2:15PM.
Have additional questions? You can go to the link attached to learn more about the Mayor’s Youth Employment Program (http://charlottenc.gov/mayor/youth/myep/pages/about.aspx) or contact Mrs. Bell for more career opportunities. (http://garingercareers.weebly.com/)