Month: May 2017
By: Schrell Broadie
Robert Davis will be attending FSU this fall majoring in politics which isn’t a surprise considering his politics blog. Though this wasn’t Davis 1st choice it certainly wouldn’t be his last. Davis plans to transfer to UNC Chapel Hill l after his first two years at FSU. So if you see our future CNN commentator on campus be sure to congratulate him on his acceptance !
Garinger Students take a Stand
Garinger students decided to take matters into their own hands on Friday, February 24th by walking out of school to protest Trump’s immigration policy and the recent arrests that has been made due to immigration status. After 1st block many students gathered and began to talk towards the front of the school, while law enforcement was called and while many students went back to class, 100 students still walked out off.
Students walked from Garinger to Vance High School causing Vance to remain on lock down for the rest of the day. The walk which was 6.4 miles and took about 2 hours. As you can see in the picture above students brought the flags representing the countries they were from, in support of their protest.
Nice to see our very own Garinger Wildcats take a stand for something they believe in !
Garinger Theater Presents: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
By Joseph Gomez
The Garinger Theater Program will present William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream during the Spring Arts Showcase next week.
What the Theater Program has been doing to get ready for the show is having rehearsals every week except Fridays from 2:30-4:30 in the Auditorium. The play is about Titania(the queen of fairies) who was caught in a magical spell set by Oberon( the king of fairies).Then Titania fell in love with Bottom who’s wearing a donkey helmet and when Titania wakes up from all this mayhem to an exciting conclusion. The play will take place on Thursday, May 18 at 7:00pm get your tickets for $5 at the door. You don’t want to miss our grand finale.
Tips For Prom
By : Schrell Broadie
Garinger Seniors the moment we have all been waiting for is finally here, Prom ! Yes you read it right, prom is finally here and to help you prepare for the special event, I am going to provide you with a couple of tips.
Ladies here are a couple of tips too keep your hair, makeup, and dress in tact for the special night !
- wearing heels? tape your third and fourth toe starting from your big toe, together using Scotch tape or any other invisible tape to help ease pain the ball of your foot.
- Carry bobby pins in your purse, it’s mandatory that you carry these and their easy to store in your purse.
- use water resistant mascara it’s Prom, the feels are going to come and it’s best to come prepared !
- Invest in Q-tips ! In order to keep the Flawless look you came with dip your Q-tip in the eye shadow you chose and store it in your purse.
- take lots of pictures before prom because you might not look as flawless afterwards
- Lastly remember to take lots of pictures and have a ton of fun !